Prano Bailey-Bond’s acclaimed ‘thrilling, dizzying debut’ Censor stars the incredible Niamh Algar in a mesmerising performance as a dedicated and intense film censor during Britain’s infamous ‘video nasty’ era, whose work slowly becomes intwined with her past. Now this brilliantly dark and disturbing British horror is set for the highly anticipated Limited Edition Blu-ray treatment from Second Sight Films on 31 January 2022.
Enid (Algar – Deceit, The Virtues) spends her days meticulously watching and assessing gruesomely violent and disturbing movies, taking her work as a film censor very seriously. She holds a strong sense of responsibility in protecting audiences from extreme content, subconsciously driven by the guilt she holds from a disturbing childhood trauma.
When a troubling film lands on her desk, Enid finds herself embroiled in the story and slowly starts to uncover some of her lost memories that seem strangely similar to the film. Consumed by the need to find if there is a connection between the production and the disappearance of her sister, her life spirals out of control, descending into darkness and danger.
Censor Limited Edition Blu-ray comes as a two-disc box set presented in a rigid slipcase with new artwork by James Neal and a soft cover book with brand new essays and art cards. The slew of special features include: three brand-new audio commentaries and new interviews with cast and crew and much more, please see full list below.
• New audio commentary by Prano Bailey-Bond, Director of Photography Annika Summerson, Editor
Mark Towns and Sound Designer Tim Harrison
• New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, Lindsay Hallam and Miranda Corcoran
• My Own Nasty: a new interview with Prano Bailey-Bond
• Penning a Nasty: a new interview with Co-Writer Anthony Fletcher
• The Censor: a new interview with Actor Niamh Algar
• Nasty Images: a new interview with Annika Summerson
• I’m Cutting It: a new interview with Mark Towns
• Nasty Sounds: a new interview with Composer Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch
• The Making of Censor
• Deleted Scenes
• Enid’s Gaze: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on Censor
• Screening Q&A with Prano Bailey-Bond and Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch hosted by Jed Shepherd
• Prano Bailey-Bond in conversation with BBFC compliance Officer David Hyman
• My Nasty Memories by David Gregory
• Ban the Sadist Videos! Parts One and Two feature length documentary
• English subtitles for the hearing impaired