Following its highly praised Limited Edition release from Second Sight Films, Prano Bailey Bond’s acclaimed ‘thrilling, dizzying debut’ Censor is set for its release on Standard Edition Blu-ray on 31 October, perfect for Halloween viewing.
The film features the incredible Niamh Algar in a mesmerising performance as a dedicated, intense film censor during Britain’s infamous ‘video nasty’ era, whose work slowly becomes intwined with her past, in this brilliantly dark and disturbing British horror.
Enid (Algar – Deceit, The Virtues) spends her days meticulously watching and assessing gruesomely violent and disturbing movies, taking her work as a film censor very seriously. She holds a strong sense of responsibility in protecting audiences from extreme content, subconsciously driven by the guilt she holds from a disturbing childhood trauma.
When a troubling film lands on her desk, Enid finds herself embroiled in the story and slowly starts to uncover some of her lost memories that seem strangely similar to the film. Consumed by the need to find if there is a connection between the production and the disappearance of her sister, her life spirals out of control, descending into darkness and danger.
A slew of special features accompany the release including three brand-new audio commentaries and new interviews with cast and crew and much more, check out the full list below.
• Brand New audio commentary by Director and Co-Writer Prano Bailey-Bond and Executive Producer Kim Newman
• New audio commentary by Prano Bailey-Bond, Director of Photography Annika Summerson, Editor Mark Towns and Sound Designer Tim Harrison
• New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, Lindsay Hallam and Miranda Corcoran
• My Own Nasty: a new interview with Prano Bailey-Bond
• Penning a Nasty: a new interview with Co-Writer Anthony Fletcher
• The Censor: a new interview with Actor Niamh Algar
• Nasty Images: a new interview with Annika Summerson
• I’m Cutting It: a new interview with Mark Towns
• Nasty Sounds: a new interview with Composer Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch
• The Making of Censor featuring cast and crew interviews
• Nasty: a short film by Prano Bailey-Bond
• Deleted Scenes
• Enid’s Gaze: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on Censor
• Screening Q&A with Prano Bailey-Bond and Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch hosted by Jed Shepherd
• Prano Bailey-Bond in conversation with BBFC Compliance Officer David Hyman
• My Nasty Memories by David Gregory
• Ban the Sadist Videos! Part One & Two feature length documentary
• English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Standard Edition Blu-ray on 31 October from Second Sight