One of the most talked about movies of recent years, Revenge lends ‘pitch-black humour and a cunning feminist agenda’ (★★★★ Daily Express) to the classic exploitation genre, and now Second Sight Films is giving this groundbreaking gore-fest the Limited Edition Blu-ray box set treatment.
The release features stacks of brand new special features, including a new interview with debut feature writer-director Coralie Fargeat and star Matilda Lutz (Medici), whose performance is ‘gripping — a powerful mix of Lara Croft and The Bride’ says The Sun. Also included are new interviews with the film’s cinematographer and the composer, a new commentary and much more, please see details in full below. The set arrives on 11 May 2020 complete with new artwork, designed by Adam Stothard, a poster and a soft cover book with writing by Mary Beth McAndrews and Elena Lazic.
• Out for Blood: a new interview with director Coralie Fargeat and actor Matilda Lutz
• The Coward: a new interview with actor Guillaume Bouchède
• Fairy Tale Violence: a new interview with cinematographer Robrecht Heyvaert
• New interview with composer Robin Coudert (Rob)
• New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, author and editor of Diabolique
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Rigid slipcase featuring new artwork by Adam Stothard
• Poster with new artwork
• Soft cover book with new writing by Mary Beth McAndrews and Elena Lazic
Entitled CEO Richard’s (Kevin Janssens – Undercover ) romantic getaway with his young mistress Jen (Lutz) is interrupted when his sleazy associates Stan (Vincent Colombe – Point Blank) and Dimitri (Guillaume Bouchède – Love at Second Sight) arrive early for the businessmen’s annual hunting trip. Their leering advances turn ugly, culminating in a brutal attack where Jen is left for dead in the desert. Like a phoenix from the ashes, Jen rises, and now she’s out for revenge. What follows is ‘a bloody middle finger…a demand for reckoning…a kick in the balls with a feminine combat boot’ (Rolling Stone).
Hell hath no fury …and now it’s time to get Revenge.