If the news that there won’t be another Sex and the City movie hit you hard (which of course it did) , then it’s time to cheer up as Arrow Video have your Charlotte (Kristin Davis) fix on it’s way with their Blu-ray release of Doom Asylum. With lashings of gore and more than a few macabre chuckles, this is one of the most entertaining slashers of the 1980s – and that’s saying something from the decade of slashers.
When a group of horny teens wind up on the grounds of a creepy abandoned asylum, they think they’ve found the perfect place to party. Little do they know that inside the building’s crumbling walls lurks a freakishly deformed maniac, driven to madness by the tragic loss of his fiancée in a car accident. With an array of grisly surgical tools at his disposal, it’s only a matter of time before the youngsters begin meeting various splattery ends at the hands of the ghoulish Coroner. Helmed by director Richard Friedman (Scared Stiff and Phantom of the Mall: Eric’s Revenge), and also starring Penthouse Pet of the Year 1988 Patty Mullen (Frankenhooker), Doom Asylum combines outlandish gore and a wise-cracking villain to create one of the most wildly entertainingly blood-spattered slashers of the late ’80s.
– First pressing only: Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Amanda Reyes
– Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
– 1.85:1 and 1.33:1 versions of the feature
– Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Brand new audio commentary with screenwriter Rick Marx
– Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
– Tina’s Terror, a brand new interview with actress Ruth Collins
– Movie Madhouse, a brand new interview with director of photography Larry Revene
– Morgues & Mayhem, a brand new interview with special make-up effects creator Vincent J. Guastini
– Archival Interviews with producer Alexander W. Kogan, Jr., director Richard Friedman and production manager Bill Tasgal
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourne
16th July, 2018